Labels

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Joyous Season

From the desk of Senator David Pearce

The holiday season is upon us once more, keeping everyone busy with gatherings, celebrations, pageants, and concerts. The wonder of this season never fails to amaze me. The enjoyment I get out of the smiling faces of people I come into contact with is nothing less than heart-warming.

These last few weeks of the year always serve to remind me to appreciate the things I have, from large to small. My family, my colleagues, my work, even those things that are considered busy at times, all become blessings as the year winds down to its final days.



With that appreciation for the wonderful things in my life also comes a sense of the necessity of giving back. There is no better time than the holidays to take a few moments to think of those who might not have the opportunities and blessings we enjoy on a daily basis. I would like to encourage you to give back to your community during this time in some way, whether by purchasing a gift for children who might not receive anything else this year, donating to a food pantry, ringing a bell for the Salvation Army, or simply dropping some change into one of those familiar kettles. There are many ways to make the season brighter for someone else. An action that takes so little for us could mean so much more for others. The chance to do anything shouldn’t be passed by.

In the last few weeks, I have written about topics such as redistricting, prefiled legislation, and other business leading up January 4, 2012, when lawmakers will be back in the Capitol ready to tackle the next legislative session. I look forward to sharing the action in Jefferson City with you each week and keeping you up-to-date on the business of the Senate. I appreciate you, the constituents of the 31st Senatorial District and the honor you have given me of being your voice in the State Capitol.

It is my hope for each of you that you have a safe and happy holiday, and that you are able to enjoy the warmth of family and friends.

As always, please feel free to contact me or my staff with any questions or concerns at any time. We look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions and trying to answer any questions you may have. You can reach us by phone at 866-277-0882 (toll-free) or 573-751-2272, or by fax at 573-526-7381.

Senator David Pearce serves Bates, Cass, Johnson and Vernon counties in the 31st State Senatorial District.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.