Labels

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Clinton woman wins $100,000 in Missouri Lottery

Sheryl Wilson
Of all the days to have her eyes dilated, Sheryl Wilson of Clinton happened to purchase a Missouri Lottery Scratchers ticket containing a $100,000 top prize.

“I had just had my eyes dilated that morning, so I had my daughter add the prizes together while I kept scratching,” recalled Wilson, when claiming her prize on March 20.

Wilson explained that, after her optometrist appointment on the morning of March 18, she stopped by Clinton Convenience, 115 N. Second St., Clinton, and purchased four of the lottery’s newest Scratchers tickets, “$100,000 Jackpot.”

Even through her obscured vision, the Clinton resident could tell that she had a winning ticket.

“I matched all but one number. Each had $20,000 or $5,000 prizes next to them,” said Wilson. “My daughter kept adding and said, ‘Oh my gosh, you won $100,000!’”

Wilson had previously booked a vacation to the Smokey Mountains and she is looking forward to using the prize to cover the trip’s associated costs, in addition to paying bills.

Introduced on Feb. 27, the $5 “$100,000 Jackpot” is one of the newest Missouri Lottery Scratchers games. Wilson claimed one of the five $100,000 top prizes available in the game.




No comments:

Post a Comment

.